A CDT PhD offers a large number of advantages over most PhD programmes.
You will have the opportunity to work closely with world-class academics at the University of Sheffield and also with scientists working at your industrial sponsor. The training programme includes:
- A choice of CASE PhD projects offered by various industrial sponsors
- An intensive one-week training course in Polymer Science
- Monthly seminar programme led by industrial scientists
- Annual summer school in Years 1 to 4
- Business Enterprise module comprising 10 interactive workshops in Year 2
- A showcase conference at the end of year 3
- Workshops in years 3-4 focused on writing scientific papers, proposals and your PhD thesis
- Funds to visit an overseas academic institution of your choice to pursue a collaborative project
- Six-month secondment with your industrial sponsor in either Year 3 or Year 4
- A tax-free stipend of at least £17,000 per annum for four years.
This year's Remaining CDT PHD projects:
- Polymeric Skin mimics for testing protective equipment - Supervisor: Matt Carre
- Polymeric Foams for acoustic and thermal insulation - Supervisor: Kirill Horoshenkov
Other projects may become available.
Expression of interest
If you are a UK citizen and would like more information about the programme, complete the form below.