A CDT PhD offers a large number of advantages over most PhD programmes.
You will have the opportunity to work closely with world-class academics at the University of Sheffield and also with scientists working at your industrial sponsor. The training programme includes:
- A choice of CASE PhD projects offered by various industrial sponsors
- An intensive one-week training course in Polymer Science
- Monthly seminar programme led by industrial scientists
- Annual residential summer school in Years 1 and 2
- Business Enterprise module comprising 10 interactive workshops in Year 2
- Funds to visit an overseas academic institution of your choice to pursue a collaborative project
- Six-month secondment with your industrial sponsor in either Year 3 or Year 4
- A tax-free stipend of at least £17,000 per annum for four years.
Expression of interest
If you would like like more information about the programme, fill out the form below and one of our staff members will get back to you.